There is always a bunch of questions to ask a photographer, here is a some of the questions I regularly get!
1. How long have you been in business? Since 2008 although I photographed my first wedding in 2007
2. How many weddings have you shot? I don’t really look at the numbers but in average 20 weddings per year.
3. How would you describe your photography style ? Photojournalism with a hint of modern contemporary
4. What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers? I can’t speak for others but I put my full mind and soul to your wedding day, I would spend more time with you then any other wedding service provider. Fully committed to get the very best of the day as I know it won’t come round again anytime soon.
5. What type of equipment do you use? We have a mixture of professional photographic hardware from Canon and Nikon
6. Do you understand indian weddings? Very much so, there is similarities in the ceremonies however we love the differences too.
7. Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like? Of course you can, the more you tell us the more you can expect back.
8. Can you put together a slideshow of the engagement session (along with other photos the couple provides) and show it during the cocktail hour? What about an “instant” slideshow of the ceremony? Anything is possible given the amount of time.
9. What information do you need from me before the wedding day? The more information you can supply the better, a full schedule of the day is incredibly useful.
10. Have you ever worked with my florist? DJ? I have worked with many providers, if there is someone I haven’t worked with rest assured I will contact them myself.
11. Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding? Yes unless specified already.
12. Do you have backup equipment? We have plenty of equipment, more then we need!
13. If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover? Depends on location but generally within the m25 and surrounding areas now we do not charge extra for this.
14. How will you (and your assistants) be dressed? Smart casual usually, feel free to specify.
15. Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos? I think its fine as long as they are being reasonable and not interfering with the work in hand and of course your wedding ceremony.
16. Have you ever worked at my wedding site before? here is a comprehensive list of locations we have worked, http://goo.gl/maps/CpjjS (work in progress), if your location is not here I would highly recommend a site visit if possible.
17. What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot? We usually are 30 minutes early to setup, we can discuss the actually up to a day before the wedding date.
18. If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge? Yes it is likely there will be an additional charge, the charge rate is the same hourly rate as quoted
19. Do you have liability insurance? Yes I do, details on request
20. How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
Terms of Payment: Payment terms are as follows
25% Deposit For Booking – Non refundable
50% 10 days before first/main event
25% On Final image production
Lets talk some more, contact me here